To participate in the SNGBP program, builders will agree to include energy features, which include, but are not limited to the items listed below. These requirements are minimums. Participants may use more efficient energy features.
- One of the following 2 envelope verification measures:
- 14.0 SEER air conditioner
- 12.2 EER air conditioner
- Refrigerant Charge Verification
- 80% AFUE natural gas furnace
- 0.62 EF natural gas water heater
- Fan watt draw and adequate airflow HERS tests for air conditioning air flow
- Programmable thermostats
- High-efficacy lighting - Interior and Garage lighting, percentage CFL = 90%
- Water efficient faucets, showerheads and toilets
- Kitchen Faucet (2.0 gpm max.)
- Bathroom Sink Faucets (1.5 gpm max.)
- Showerheads (2.0 gpm max)
- Toilets (1.28 gpf max)
- Room by room airflows (Models Only) verified by a HERS Rater (See Appendix A of the SNGBP Participant Handbook, System Balancing) for additional detail)
Builders participating in the program are subject to the following:
- Must employ an energy modeling Compliance Company for completion of the required energy analysis. Please see the SNGBP program web site (www.nvgreenbuilder.com) for a listing of energy modeling software programs that are approved for use in the SNGBP program.
- Upload approved EnergyPro CF-1R plan energy modeling files to the CHEERS registry.
- Submit all required documentation to CHEERS including project application, plan review checklist, construction plan set and equipment/material specification sheets.
- Must employ a CHEERS certified SNGBP 3rd party HERS rater to verify the SNGBP program energy features.
- Entry of 3rd party HERS inspection results into the CHEERS registry.
Builder's successful participation in the SNGBP program will generate an SNGBP certificate per qualifying lot for the local building departments. The SNGBP certificate will identify the energy features used to qualify for the 2012 IECC, the SNGBP features and the test results for that home.